Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time Well Spent...Absolutely!

Time Well Spent...Absolutely!
             As I write my final entry in this blog, I find myself full of a variety of emotions ranging from pride to elation to even  a bit of sadness.  Reflecting back on the past 20 months, I feel I have truly changed as a person, an early childhood professional and certainly as a leader and advocate for Head Start.  I realize now that the future of our country depends on people like us who prepare young children for positive school experiences that will help them become productive members of society.
            Throughout this program I gained insight into many things even after many years in the field.  I learned how to be more culturally competent and the importance of really believing that our ability to make a difference is closely tied to the relationships we build.  I also learned that one thing that is constant is change. This applies on all levels of our work and personal life.  I learned that a good leader is able to embrace those changes and turn what sometimes seems to be a negative into a positive taking it a step further by convincing staff of the same thing. Finally, I learned that hard work does pay off in many ways.  The end result of applying what I have learned has helped me become a more competent leader.
            While we have never met face to face, I feel that I have gotten to know many of you well and value all you have shared.  I wish you all the very best as you move forward with your careers. 
“Success means that we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others. “- Marianne Williamson
If we can truly feel that each day, we know that we have made a difference. So ends this journey…..


Sophie and her Nana….she is my hope for the future!
My email address is jablimline@aol.com.  I would love to continue the friendships that have been a special part of the past 20 months.  Please stay in touch.

              

10 comments:

  1. Judi,
    I have enjoyed taking classes with you and so glad that I get to post on your blog first. Good luck to you in your career, your gardening and your RV journeys. Please stay in touch
    dorna.oliver@gmail.com
    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi!
    I am so proud of your accomplishments throughout the course. I always looked forward to reading your posts and appreciate the listening "ear" when I needed it. It is obvious your passion for early childhood is great and I know you will continue to enhance the lives of many families. Keep in touch....greeneydgirl24@aol.com.
    God bless you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judi!
    I have found an array of emotions coming to my mind as well - from the satisfaction of completing this program to the sadness of leaving this terrific community of colleagues. I have really enjoyed reading your posts and blogs throughout the semester and have been inspired by the works you have completed. Hard work does go so very far, and becoming a leader can certainly bring about many challenges, but what you said here, that leadership is about embracing the challenges and moving forward with the positive, that is so very true!
    Best of luck to you and all the endeavors you set forth on in your professional career from here on out!
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi,
    It has been a pleasure "meeting" you! I still remember the first time I noticed that you live right up the road. I wish you the best of luck with your program. I know with education from Walden you will be able to take the information that applies to your position and apply it skillfully and with passion. Keep in touch.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judi,
    It has been a joy working with you through out these courses. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Feel free to keep in touch as well tthatch11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Judi,

    Working with children gives us endless opportunities to improve our world, because I have learned that not only the family influences children, but also children influence their family. I remember having heard some parents that their children were teaching them how to properly wash their hands, or the name of certain food they do not eat at home, but that children ate at school and see it in the grocery department. Thus, I am convinced we can make a different world, if we really love what we do.

    Best wishes in your personal and professional endeavors. Thank you Judi for all your supportive and informative comments through discussion and blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judi, we start this journey together many classes ago. I have enjoyed getting to know you professionally and sharing your perceptive as a Head Start Director. Your insights and critical thinking was highly helpful to my learning experience. I will keep in touch!


    Andrea C.
    Ashante803@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judi,
    I have truly enjoyed working with you and appreciate your insight and encouragement. You are an inspiration!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judi,

    I have enjoyed having you as a colleague during this program. Thanks for sharing your insights, perspectives, and personal experiences with us. It's been a joy reading your discussion and blog posts, and I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judith,

    I have enjoyed you being a colleague and inspiration to me during this educational journey. I have enjoyed your wisdom, expertise of the field and encouragement as well. I wish you well and pray that all of your dreams come true.

    Anetria

    ReplyDelete